Hiring, firing, being fired, redundancies, work place bullying, an industrial accident all make up part of the employment landscape. Cockburn legal can assist clients to manage their employment, industrial relations and workplace health and safety matters to ensure an effective workforce and reduce the potential for costly accidents, disputes or litigation.
Our lawyers are experts in, and can assist you with:
- Drafting Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements.
- Drafting Workplace Policies Manuals.
- Overseeing and assisting with Individual performance management and termination of employment.
- Managing with you workplace incident investigations including discrimination complaints, sexual harassment and workplace bullying allegations.
- Protecting your intellectual property and confidential information, including restraint of trade issues.
- Assisting you with internal complaint handling and dispute mediation.
- Occupational health and safety including incident containment and management, and defending prosecutions.
- Advise you through redundancy situations, operational change and business restructuring.
Examples of our proven experience include:
- Preparing executive service agreements.
- Appearances in the Fair Work Commission regarding claims for unfair dismissal.
- Acting for an employer and their employee in a dispute relating to alleged stealing and misuse of confidential information in connection with accountancy software.
- Advising Greyhound Racing Authority on the preparation of HR/IR policies for its operations, including policies dealing with workplace bullying, equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, performance management, discipline and termination, information technology and intellectual property.
- Advising a large multinational employer on its privacy obligations in relation to the management of employee-related personal and health information involving cross-border data flows between Australia, the EU and the United States.